Invisalign Clear Braces
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss clear braces in the Fair Lawn NJ area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Baseri, Dr. Ghobadi or Dr. Kabaria‘s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Drs. Baseri, Ghobadi or Kabaria has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Drs. Baseri, Ghobadi or Kabaria about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Invisalign Clear aligners are the most versatile and convenient choice among all orthodontic treatments. Made of a clear, flexible material, orthodontic aligners are comfortable, virtually invisible and removable, making them a popular choice for adults and teens who are seeking a more discreet approach to straightening their teeth. Clear aligners treat the same bite and alignment issues that traditional metal braces do, without the brackets and wires.
How Do Clear Aligners Work?
A series of custom-made aligner trays is used to gradually shift your teeth into place. Each tray is designed to move just one tooth or one section of teeth at a time. Once the tray’s work is complete (typically every two weeks), we move on to the next.
Pain and Soreness
Because there are no brackets and wires, clear aligners do not cause significant pain or soreness. In some cases, patients feel temporary discomfort (pressure) for the first few days after switching trays. That pressure may be uncomfortable but is actually a good sign that the trays are doing their job!
Caring for Clear Invisalign Aligners
Aligners should be worn for 20-22 hours per day. They should only be removed for cleaning, eating and drinking. To clean your aligners, simply brush and rinse them each time you brush your teeth.
Treatment time typically falls within the range of 9-16 months. Some patients may also benefit from wearing a retainer after treatment is complete to prevent regression. This will all be discussed as part of your overall treatment plan.
For more information on the various invisible braces solutions, please give us a call! You may also want to visit Invisalign for more information.